Tuesday, November 19, 2013

When fiction contradicts reality.



I love reading the reviews from the people that buy my books. It’s very interesting to read what they liked and what they don’t like about my writing. Putting aside the grammar and spelling issues I focus on the story itself. Did they like it? Why? And if they didn’t like it, why not?

The other day I got a review from a person who in general like the stories but had an issue with how the characters interacted. The book in question is TGirls, which is a collection of stories about men meeting Transvestites and ending up in the sack with them. The reviewer says that it's not very likely a man would gladly have sex with a transvestite just after finding out about the “surprise”, a more natural behavior would be to get dressed and get out of Dodge.

I agree with him, but that’s where literal freedom comes in, I as the author decides on how the characters act. I think if I wrote about reality, then this book wouldn’t have been written in the first place. I have thought about how I would react if I met a man and then a few hours later and several glasses of wine he takes his clothes off and he has a vagina instead of a penis. Depending on if I like the person for who he is, which would be hard after just a few hours I might put the genital issue to the side and have fun. I’m always open for something new, and I think I wouldn’t run away.

Some might argue that it’s not the same thing, because men have a natural instinct to run from other dicks, and we women have a more curious mind. Meaning that it would be much easier for a woman to put aside the fact that the person she is about to have sex with turns out to be another woman instead of the hot man she thought he was when they met. 

To a certain extent they would be right, but I do believe that a lot of men have fantasies about being with a Transvestite. I base this on the amount of TGirls hanging around the beaches and the clubs here in the summer. If there weren’t men interested in them, they wouldn’t be here, would they?
What if a woman for some reason or another decides to try same sex with another woman, and while on a business trip she meets this gorgeous young thing and two days later after a nice dinner they decide to go back to the hotel room, and when they get naked the woman gets the surprise of her lifetime, what would she do?

Food for thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment