Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Do erotica writers become horny while they write?



The other day I received an e-mail from a reader with a question. He wanted to know if I became excited while I wrote. I assume he meant if I become horny while I write erotica.

I think that most erotica authors at some point become excited while writing, I guess it's a good way of knowing if what you are writing is good or not. I don't know where they get their ideas from but personally I often use my own emotions to write what the characters feel, and when doing that I bring up experiences from the past. So at one time in my life they defiantly made me horny or I wouldn't remember them.
On the other hand, if you write erotica to earn money you might write in a niche that is really your not taste. You do it because you know that the story will sell because there is a demand. In this case I wouldn't become excited, S&M for example.

None of the major publishers publish, incest or bestiality stories, but I suppose some of the writers in those markets have at one time or another had such thoughts, and it excited them. On sites like Literotica writers can basically upload any kind of stories. I think many of the writers there upload stories that excite them. It's free and they make no money doing it, but they get a release from their fantasies. Having said that, I don't think the authors of incest and such stories do it themselves.

So, back to the original question: Does writing erotica excite me? Yes, it does, but only in the niches that I write because I like them, not because they sell a lot of books. For example, my Family affairs books sell well, but it's not something I will or have ever done.

No comments:

Post a Comment