Sunday, November 2, 2014

About vampire romance and erotica.



What’s up with the vampire stories? You see them in books and short stories, even on TV. The handsome lonely young man with that sad look in his eyes stalks the young girl that he is obsessed with and then when she finds out, she falls madly in love with him.
I do not have anything against Vampire stories, I think they are rather cool, but if you take your average romance or erotica vampire story it is often a reflection of a crime, stalking.

Do we as women fantasize about being followed by a blood sucker and deep inside we want to be bitten and enter the world of the dead? Not me, I like being alive.
I have read a few and apart from Interview With a Vampire, which is not romance nor erotica they all have the same theme. In IWV at least there were an honest to god struggle between the characters and when Lestat converts Claudia both he and Louise realize what they have done, and they both suffer the consequences.

Going back to the romance and erotica. We have a girl in her late teens sometimes even a minor who is stalked by a vampire. When he makes himself known to her, she feels excited because it is the first time a man is interested in her. Now, why would she? I mean the guy is creepy, dead, and probably smells pretty bad. What makes this kind of story so popular with younger women? I have no idea, but I would love to know.

Moving on, I wrote an erotic story, but I can’t publish it on Amazon, I think. Why? The werewolf has sex with the young women while he is a wolf. That would be bestiality according to Amazon. Does anyone know if they make exceptions to the rule when it comes to fantasy?

Have a great week everyone and I hope you had a wonderful Halloween, with or without vampires.

No comments:

Post a Comment