Friday, October 4, 2013

Writing credible sex scenes

I have spent the last few days reading Erotica to see what my fellow authors write, and I have found some pretty impressive scene changes.

I like to write credible scenes, where the characters move from one situation to a sexual situation in a credible way. What I have found is that a couple who is having a coffee after just meeting suddenly is in a room having wild sex.

I have been around a few years and I know such things can happen, but not several times in a row to one character. Sure, we write "fiction" and we have certain liberties, but I insist on that we as authors also have to reflect reality.

Personally I like to use a "catalysts",most of the time I find wine, or any kind of alcohol can be used to make a character do or say something that he/she wouldn't normally do. The important thing here is that most of us at one time or another have drank to much and done things we later might regret or like, all because we had a drink to many the night before.

We all write about adults doing adult things, so having a few drinks during a dinner, a vacation or with friends is something natural to us. Then, if we at the same time have some secret fantasies the drink might make us do things or say things that we normally wouldn't do.

To sum things up I truly believe that we as writers have the responsibility to write a credible scene change, or our readers will stop reading our books.

Natasha
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment